With a view to promote and create awareness about the National Pension System (NPS) and improve the quality of services provided to the subscribers, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is observing NPS Service Fortnight from 27th June, 2017 to 11th July 2017. During this period all the nodal offices, Pay and Account Offices and DDOs under the Central and State Governments, Points of Presence/ banks/ aggregators/ banking correspondents etc. involved with the acquisition and servicing of NPS subscribers across the country are required to provide all necessary assistance to the subscribers/ prospective subscribers, create awareness about the National Pension System, attend to their services requests, etc in a proactive manner.
It has been observed that the subscribers/employees in the Central Government and State Government are not fully aware of various functionalities/facilities available under the NPS. A large number of the queries/grievances received from these subscribers, pertain to elementary issues like non-receipt of Statement of Transaction, I-PIN,T-PIN etc. However, it is seen that majority of these information gaps are on account of non-availability of the latest contact details of the subscribers in the respective documents/PRANs etc.
In order to promote awareness regarding importance of updation of latest contact details in PRANs and to provide basic facilities on the spot, the NPS Service fortnight is being organised. On this occasion, besides sharing information on the range of functionalities and services now available under the NPS, the subscribers need to be apprised about the need for constant updation of data/information under various fields to enable the system to operate at its optimum service level and enable the subscribers to make the best use of the functionalities available under NPS.
The following activities need to be given focused attention during the NPS Service fortnight:
· Distribution of the NPS brochure to the subscribers
· Updation of subscriber details like email, mobile number, address, etc through S-2 form
· Conversion of non IRA to IRA compliant status by submission of physical subscriber registration forms
· Advising subscribers regarding benefits associated with PRAN being IRA compliant and updation of contact details
· Printing of Transaction Statement for the subscribers and distributing the same on the specific request of the subscriber
· Updation of nomination details
· Resolving pending grievances and exit cases
PFRDA has also advised separately the Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA/NSDL) and all the nodal offices/ PAOs/ DDOs/PoPs/ Banks etc in this matter for actively assisting the subscribers during this campaign.