The Ministry of AYUSH has established the following three organizations for the development of Yoga and Naturopathy and also for providing treatment through Yoga and Naturopathy in the country and the details of their activities are as under :-
1. Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), New Delhi :
1) Establishment of Post Graduate Institutes of Yoga and Naturopathy Education and Research (PGIYNER): 2 PGI work has been commenced
2) Running of Central Research Institute of Yoga & Naturopathy (CRIYN): One CRI is functional with OPD and 20 bedded indoor Hospital.
3) Running of OPD of Yoga & Naturopathy : 07 OPDs are functional.
2. Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), New Delhi :- MDNIY is running Yoga OPD. It is also providing Yoga treatment in 19 CGHS Wellness Centre and 4 Yoga Therapy Centres in Tertiary/Allopathy Hospitals
3. National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN), Pune :- NIN is going to establish ‘Nisarg Gram’ which consists of Naturopathy Hospital (250 Beds) at new site Yewalewadi, Tal. Haveli, Pune. As part of outreach activities, it is running a sanatorium for HIV+ve patients at Panchagani, Dist.Satara.
The National Health Policy-2017 covers the entire health sector, including Yoga & Naturopathy. Further, the Ministry of AYUSH has constituted a National Board for Promotion and Development of Yoga & Naturopathy (NBPDYN), which provides advice on education & practice of Yoga & Naturopathy, as well as formulation of policy for promotion of Yoga & Naturopathy in the country. Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy(CCRYN) at the behest of Ministry of AYUSH is registering institutionally qualified BNYS/ND Degree holders who registered with State statutory boards.
As regard, Yoga personal, the Quality Council of India (QCI) at the behest of Ministry of AYUSH has developed a Scheme for Voluntary Certification of Yoga Professionals. The Focus of the scheme is to certify the competence of Yoga professionals providing Yoga lessons/classes as Yoga Instructors/Yoga Teachers or by any other nomenclature. Scope of certification has been categories as (i) Level 1-Yoga Instructor (ii) Level 2-Yoga Teacher (iii) Level 3-Yoga Master (iv) Level 4-Yoga Acharya (v) Level 5- Yoga Guru. Two Levels- Level-1, Level-2 have been launched.
At present there are 21 Colleges in the Country which imparts five years and six month Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences course.
Funds Allocated for the purpose during each of the last
(1). CCRYN: Details of the funds released and utilized during each of the last three years and the current year State/UT-wise are as under:-
(Rs. In lakhs)
(2). MDNIY’s: Plan Budget for the last 3 years is as follows :
Plan BE (Rs. In Crores)
(3). NIN. Pune: The funds allocated by the Ministry of AYUSH to the National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN) for providing Naturopathy & Yoga Health Care services and facilities are as under :-
Amount (Rs. In lakhs)
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shri ShripadYesso Naik in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.