Main suggestions of NITI Aayog as given in Road map of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchaayee Yojana (PMKSY) forwarded in January, 2017 are as under:
· Timely completion of 99 priority projects including their CADWM work.
· Formulation of a scheme for bridging the gap between irrigation potential created and irrigation potential utilized.
· Minor irrigation schemes to be taken on priority in states getting less benefit with priority projects under Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP) and Command Area Development & Water Management (CADWM).
· Repair, Renovation and Restoration (RRR) of existing water bodies should be given very high priority for water management particularly in drought-prone areas.
· Covering additional area under Micro Irrigation.
· Completion of all the sanctioned 8,214 projects under Watershed Development component of PMKSY.
· Regular monitoring of works under PMKSY at the district level, the State level and the National level. On-line monitoring mechanism required.
· Assets created in the irrigation sector needs to be maintained properly for ensuring continuous benefits from the projects.
· Active participation of the farmers, through Panchayati Raj Institutions or Water User Associations (WUAs), may be encouraged for operation and maintenance of irrigation projects.
An area of 28.61 la. ha. is proposed to be irrigated during 2017-18, under PMKSY.
A budget allocation of 6872.22 cr. has been made for different components of the scheme. In addition funds are regularly released to States as per requirements through NABARD based upon the proposals received from the States and their eligibility as per the guidelines of the schemes.
This information was given by Union Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.